Wednesday, September 27, 2006

COME ON NOW KELLY............U GOT TO BRING IT!

Now we all know that Kelly Rowland was suppose to realease an album, My Story, this summer and since it has been pushed back. In an interview given to MTV.com she offers some insight as to why.

"It was basically a list of songs that I put together about the past three years of my life, with love and relationships," Rowland said of the album. "And I remember listening to the record, and I was just like, 'I don't want this to be too deep to where, you know, [I] lose people.' I still wanna have my party records, and I still wanna make people get up and bob their heads and vibe a little bit. And the record was too full of midtempos and ballads, so I wanted to bring it up a little bit. I mean, I'm 25. I'm young!"
"In general, I'm going in the urban, more R&B route, Of course, that's what I started with with Destiny's Child, [but on] my first solo album I did more of a pop-sounding record. So I wanted to go back to my roots and dibble and dabble with some beats."

Hmmm........ok boo....... that SOUNDS good. Just wanted to clarify, the release of former DC member, Letoya Luckett's album, Letoya (which debuted @ #1 on the billboard charts) had nothing to do with? Or maybe the fact that the daughter of your manager, perhaps u heard of her-----BEYONCE, was slated to release an album in the same quarter, huh? Yeah right. Don't get me wrong, I think Kelly is extremely talented and beautiful and to be quit honest she has a better personality, to me, than Beyonce, however the only way she is gonna achieve the same level of success as a solo artist as some of the other R&B chicks (some of them underserving) is if she somehow distances herself from Matthew Knowles. Just an opinion, I'm rooting for u this time Kelly bc your first album was, in the words of Kriss Kross,
WIGGIDY,WIGGIDY,WACK!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR FULL ARTICLE

No comments: